The West Garo Hills District Administration has announced a 10-day ‘total curfew’ in the entire district from 2 pm of May 21 till 5 am of June 1.
The decision was taken in view of the continuous sharp spike in COVID-19 cases in West Garo Hills District, and the hospital beds might be saturated if preventive measures are not taken.
District Magistrate, West Garo Hills Ram Singh, IAS in an order issued on Thursday evening said, “.. in exercise of the powers conferred upon me under section 144 Cr.P.C. read together with Regulation 3 of the Meghalaya Epidemic Disease, COVID-19 Regulations, 2020 do hereby promulgate TOTAL CURFEW within the District with elect from 21″ May, 2021 (2:00 P.M.) to 1″ June, 2021 (5:00 A.M.)”
“…it is necessary to break the transmission chain and necessary to put in place preventive measures to contain the further spread of COVID-19 virus in the District,” the District Magistrate said.
During the total curfew, the order stated “…the Inter-District Movement of person in not permitted. No person is to step out without valid reasons. Vehicles plying without passes will the liable for strict penalties. Any one defiance of orders is liable for arrest.”
“Further, In-situ constructions are not allowed within Tura Municipal area except for Medical & Corona Care Centre construction activities,” it further said.
Health services including Vaccination. Person(s) moving for vaccination should be able to produce proof of COWIN registration and slot booking,
- Medicines and Pharmaceuticals
- Movement of essential goods.
- Movement for medical emergencies.
- Persons travelling on Essential Government duty viz.
- Medical Teams and ollicials on COVID-19 Duty.
- Security and Armed Forces.
- Civil Defence and Home Guards.
- iv Fire and Emergency Services
- Water Supply (PHE) including Private Water Supply
- Municipal Services
- Information and Public Relations.
- Telegraph and Telecommunication Services
- Petrol and Diesel Tankers including LPG home delivery
- Print & Electronic media
- 1917 TEAMS
- Petrol Pumps
- LPG Distributors.
- Veterinary services,
- Road construction of National Highway and other important Government Projects
- FCI, PDS Wholesaler and Fair Price Shop
- State Bank of India, Tura Main Branch and Chandmary Branch,
- Central Govt. Offices as notified by Home (Political) Department vide Notification NO.POL. 117/2020/P.V11/225. did. 18/05/2021 and State Government Offices as notified by Personnel & A.R. (A) Department vide Notification No. PER.62/2020/54, dtd. 18/05/2021
- Home delivery services only for food/food products, dry rations, meat, vegetables and toiletries will regulated in separate order in coordination with Chief Executive Officer. Tura Municipal Board and Block Development Officer(s).